Friday 14 March 2008

TENERIFE ONCE AGAIN


The outside toilet

So here i am, it`s 3.30 on tuesday afternoon.I have landed in Tenerife, collect my luggage and I get a taxi to my dad`s house 15 mins from the airport. I`m not sure the taxi driver was sure where El Salto was as all they normally do is Los Cristianos and Playa De Las Americas. As i arrived at the house it was clear he was not there. So i needed a plan to suprise him. I was desperate for the toilet so not to be so English i decided against "lagging" on the plants so i used the outside toilet. The new edition to the family (no, not another brother or sister or wife for my dad) a labrador/great dane cross had been using the drive way for his number 2`s. As there was not much else i could do i decided to clear the way and collect them up. I decided to send a text to my dad just to test the water. "ay up mate what`s happening" the reply was "driving at the mo, i will bell you later" When my dad says later this could mean later that day or even later that week. So i replied "ok, laters" By now it was coming up to 5 o,clock. The sun was strong and now i`m on the bench soaking it up when i heard the gravel drive and a diesel car. He was back. Ok, now i had to hide till he went in the house. As planned he went in the house with his mrs (Mari). I waited 10 seconds and went to the door. "knock knock knock" He answered the door. "Sammy, what the f**k are you doing here" and that was it, the first of many late nights.

No comments: